Are you having flood damage problems? If so, don’t wait to call for help! Flood water is a serious problem and it can inflict major damage and destruction to any property. A wide range of problems, such as plumbing issues, the appearance of mold and even structural damage can make repairs extremely expensive and time consuming. Whether your home or business has suffered a flood, make sure to get in touch with a flood professional as soon as possible. If you are interested in finding out more about what you can do to clean up flood damage quickly and efficiently, feel free to contact DryMaster for more information. Our team at DryMaster has years of experience in providing a wide range of restoration services that will eliminate the flood damage in your home in no time. From cleaning and drying your property’s walls to repainting, we are able to perform a wide range of services.
The Dangers of Flood Damage Los Angeles
Flooding is one of the biggest and most dangerous natural disasters that can strike any household. People underestimate the power of water and the damage it is able to leave even when the water recedes. Although a disaster or an accident like a fire can destroy an entire household in the space of a few hours, flooding can cause much more extensive problems and last much longer, causing problems years down the line. Overall, the longer you wait after a flood the more damage your home or business is likely to suffer. Take a look at some of the damaging aspects of flood water damage:
- Murky flood water is filthy and frequently contains different types of bacteria and disease, which can present a major health hazard if not removed quickly
- An increase in the level of water elevates the humidity in your household/business and makes the air unhealthy to breathe
- Flood water often causes the onset of mold throughout the building, a major health hazard that can cause numerous respiratory issues
- Damp and moist air invites different types of insects, such as disease-carrying mosquitoes
- Furniture that has suffered through a flood is generally damaged beyond repair
- Flood water can easily get into the crevices of your building’s walls and compromise the structure of the walls
If you live in the Los Angeles area and you are battling flooding issues, DryMaster is at your disposal for a wide range of flood damage repair services. Once you have identified a flooding issue, you might be wondering what the first step is to resolve this problem. At DryMaster, we recommend contacting your insurance company first to report the damage that has been done and to start the claims process. Next, and especially if the building has been heavily damaged, it is important to report this damage to the local building department. The local authorities will proceed to inspect the structure for safety issues. Then, once the building department has confirmed that the building’s structure is not compromised, it’s important to contact an electrician to determine if the flooding has caused any electrical problems. As you probably know, electrical wiring which has been exposed to water can cause a major safety issue. Once you have completed these steps, it’s important to take photos and videos of the damage because you will be needing these to file a claim with the insurance company. Finally, once all of these steps have been completed, it is time to contact a flood cleaning company like DryMaster. All of these steps need to happen relatively quickly so that as much of your property and belongings as possible can be restored and recovered.
Thorough and Top-Class Flood Damage Cleanup Los Angeles
Are you wondering what some of the advantages are when hiring DryMaster for your flood damage cleanup? DryMaster Restoration is one of the best teams specializing in flood damage restoration. All of the work we do is highly detailed, dedicated and our top concern is always the safety and health of our customers. We always evaluate the potential toxicity of the flood residue and use only the most natural cleaning products to solve your problems. While some cleaning companies tend to use cheap cleaning products that can be unsafe for your pets or children, our team at DryMaster prioritizes the safety of your family so you don’t have to wait for any dangerous fumes to evaporate.
Take a look at some of the professional flood cleanup services that we offer:
- Water removal — we conduct extensive and detailed water removal services by using specially designed commercial vacuums and other equipment to absorb excess water
- Drying — once the actual water has been removed, we eliminate the remaining moisture with commercial dryers that will complete the job quickly
- Debris cleanup — when the water has receded, we assist you with the removal of any damaged materials (eg. furniture, clothing, etc.)
- Professional sanitizing services — this includes making sure that all of the surfaces that have been affected by flooding are properly cleaned and sanitized, including walls, windows and flooring
- Restoration — apart from removing all materials that are damaged beyond repair, we will also make an effort to salvage any content by using our professional restoration techniques
- Performing major structural repairs — once we have completed all of the previous steps, we are ready to help you perform more extensive, structural repairs. This includes painting the interior and exterior of your building, repairing and refinishing the floors as well as replacing any framing if necessary
If you are looking for professional flood cleanup professionals in the Los Angeles area, our team at DryMaster is the perfect choice. Our work is always detailed and of a high quality, while at the same time we aim to be cost efficient and stay within your budget. If you are interested in finding out more about our flood cleanup techniques or some of our pricing structures, feel free to get in touch with us today at 323-310-7800.